Mitchel Wyndham Sellers
12508 Horton Avenue
Urbandale, Iowa 50323
|Summary of Qualifications:
||Extensive experience developing a diverse collection of applications, managing the projects from start to finish. Typically filling the additional roles of business analyst and project manager. Strongly focused on timelines, ROI, and customer service to both internal and external customers. A proven producer of quality solutions even under tight timelines.
Des Moines Area Community College, Ankeny, IA
Adjunct Instructor, May 2007 - Present
Adjunct Instructor for the Business information Systems department teaching vocational technology courses on .NET, web, and other technologies. Experienced in teaching students from a wide variety of experiences including traditional students and those returning to school for re-education. Have served additionally as a career mentor for many students to help them become marketable in the business environment after graduation.
IowaComputerGurus Inc. Des Moines, IA
CEO / Director of Development, May 2006 - Present
Built a successful software consulting firm that specialized in delivering solid solutions using primarily the Microsoft technology stack. Have driven the company to become a Microsoft Certified Partner and a trusted resource for a network of customers that span four continents and many countries. Size of solutions vary by client and project and range from small to large scale.
OurBond Inc., Bethesda, MD
Lead Software Architect, February 2011 - June 2012
Senior software architect responsible for planning and implementation of web based systems including collaborative and eCommerce solutions.
Wells Fargo Card Services, West Des Moines, IA
Application Systems Engineer 4, January 2007 - February 2011
Software engineer/architect managing infrastructure development tools that support the entire development group of more than 70 software developers. Responsible for designing and delivering infrastructure code solutions as well as creating and delivering internal training materials to the groups. Additionally serves an an internal adviser to other functional groups in the organization to help improve code quality, application performance and stability.
Additional responsibilities include establishing coding standards for use within the department and providing guidance for other team members on how to create efficient technology solutions athe the macro level.
Briggs Corporation, West Des Moines, IA
Analyst/Programmer, July 2006 - January 2007
Architected a technology solution for automatic population of all Briggs Corporation medical forms. Served as an internal technical consultant to resolve technology issues throughout the company. Performed database and application administration tasks needed to migrate applications from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005. Developed detailed technical and end user documentation for new and existing software systems.
GeoLearning, Inc., West Des Moines, IA
Web Application Developer, March 2006 - July 2006
Diagnosed and repaired break fix issues in web applications using both ColdFusion and ASP.NET. Developed productivity applications to improve developer productivity by integrating business processes into an utility application. Performed advanced diagnosis of performance issues with web applications and SQL Server. Continued involvement in development activities started in the previous position.
Customer Care Advisor, February 2005 - March 2006
Customer Care Representative, August 2004 - February 2005
||A total of 13 individual Microsoft Certifications across the .NET 2.0 and 3.5 disciplines. (List available upon request)
|Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Author of Professional DotNetNuke 5 Module Programming - Wrox Press
- Co-Author of Visual Studio 2010 Six-In-One - Wrox Press
- Technical editor for multiple publications for Wrox Press (List available upon request)
- Publications in various online and printed magazines (List available upon request)
- Worldwide speaker on .NET development with experience of more than 50 speaking engagements (List available upon request)
|Professional & Community Recognition
- Microsoft C# MVP (Awarded July 2009, Renewed 2010, 2011, 2012)
- Microsoft Top Contributor to Developer Guidance Advisory Council - May 2012
- DotNetNuke Corporation Peer Esteem Grant (PEG) awardee for contributions to the Open Source project
- Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC) Outstanding Alumni Award
- Iowa .NET User Group
- Iowa DNN User Group
- DotNetNuke Documents Module Team Lead
- DotNetNuke Core Team Member
- DotNetNuke Community Advisory Board Member
- Des Moines Area Community College Computer Information Systems Advisory Board
- Des Moines Area Community College Alumni Association Board Member
- INETA Regional Speakers Bureau Member
||Grand View College, Des Moines, Iowa
Bachelor of Science Degree, 2009
Major: Information & Technology Management
Des Moines Area Community College, Ankeny, IA
Associate of Applied Sciences Degree, 2006
Major: Business Information Systems